His New Book
- Jim Marquardt has been a regular columnist for the award-winning Sag Harbor Express newspaper for the last six years. He has written about local history, nature, immigration, personality profiles, travel, humor, and sailing.
- For twenty-five years he was president of Marquardt & Roche Inc., Advertising/Public Relations in Stamford, Connecticut.
- Jim also worked for New York City communications firms and corporations as an advertising/promotion copywriter, publicity writer, and magazine editor.
- For several years he reviewed fiction for Dan’s Papers, a well-known weekly periodical published on the East End of Long Island.
- Jim graduated from St. Peter’s University in New Jersey with a Bachelor of Arts in English Literature. Years later, he returned to teach a compulsory freshman writing course at this Jesuit institution.
- He has written nonfiction articles for magazines and newspapers. His fiction has appeared in the North Atlantic Review and the East Hampton Star.